Glenn A Knight

Glenn A Knight
In my study

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Reading List: June 2011

The Holy Bible, New International Version
The Holy Bible, New King James Version
The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
The Baburnama
Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Colonel Roosevelt, by Edmund Morris
Acts of Faith, Philip Caputo
Follow Me Down, by Shelby Foote
Beyond Black, by Hilary Mantel
Runaway, by Alice Munro
Moscow Rules, by Daniel Silva
Facebook for Dummies, by Carolyn Abram and Leah Pearlman
Bad Luck and Trouble, by Lee Child
Reversal, by Michael Connelly
LinkedIn for Dummies, by Joel Elad
The Narrows, by Michael Connelly
61 Hours, by Lee Child

June was a rather busy month, in the reading department. I started nine books during the month, and I finished five. For one thing, following up on various recommendations, I started two books by Michael Connelly (best known for The Lincoln Lawyer) and two by Lee Child.

My reading in the Bible continued, as I finished the book of Job and started Psalms.

2 comments:

Agim Zabeli said...

Glenn, I find it helpful to read one Psalm per day, rather than go through 150 of them in a row. I do the same with Proverbs - that is, I read one chapter of the Book of Proverbs per day rather than going straight through the hundreds of proverbs that make up the 31 chapters.

Glenn Knight said...

I've tried a couple of reading plans. There are many of them online, and I downloaded a couple. The plan I followed from November 2007 through December 2009, included some Old Testament, some New Testament, and some of Psalms or Proverbs. In that plan, Psalms and Proverbs took six months, so I read those two books twice in a year. Then I switched to a plan that went straight through from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. I kept up one program or another through December 31, 2011.