Glenn A Knight

Glenn A Knight
In my study

Friday, May 22, 2009

Pelosi Takes on the CIA

This article is one week old, for which I apologize, but I thought it was still worthwhile to bring to your attention. I know this might sound amoral, but my main concern about this torture scandal has been that it would become an enormous distraction for a government that has many important initiatives on its plate. (Note President Obama's comment at his recent press conference about having more major issues on his plate than he had expected.) With Speaker Pelosi's effort to divert attention from her knowledge of possible torture by attacking the CIA, that danger has become substantially greater.

It will be hard enough for the President and the Congress to give legislative expression to the various programs under discussion. If the Speaker is hors de combat while fighting her personal battles with the intelligence committee, it will be that much harder.

No comments: