Glenn A Knight

Glenn A Knight
In my study

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Current Reading Sidebar

I'm sure some of your have noticed the "Current Reading" sidebar on this blog. The title is pretty descriptive. I add to this list books I am reading right now. I started reading Tom Ricks' The Gamble a couple of days ago, and I added it to the list today. On the other hand, I delete books once I've read them and posted a review to the blog. I removed a couple of books today because I've posted their reviews - Legacy of Ashes, Marching Toward Hell, and God and Gold. Two of the books listed on the sidebar have been read, but I haven't posted reviews yet for The Fall and Rise of the Islamic State and Against All Enemies.

I don't post every book I may be reading to the list. I think that inclusion in the sidebar is a sort of implicit endorsement, and I have read some books I wouldn't want anyone else to waste his time on. Sometimes I change my mind. I wasn't going to add Blogging for Dummies to the sidebar, but now I'm thinking that some of the people who read this blog may be bloggers themselves, and they might find it useful.

No comments: