Glenn A Knight

Glenn A Knight
In my study

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Polling on the Republican Future

Yesterday I posted on The Daily Kos (I have a diary over there), with respect to David Broder's pre-election column, in which Mr. Broder said that the Republican's power would be exaggerated because of the size of their victory in the House. Aside from my comments, I posted a poll, asking readers this question:

Do you believe that the Republicans' gains in Congress mean that they will dominate our politics for the next five years?

I received 55 responses, as of 5:20 PM Mountain Standard Time today. The responses were:

Yes 8
No 42
Not Sure 5
I know that the Daily Kos is a liberal site, but I think it's interesting that such a large majority of the respondents to my question do not believe that the Republicans have put themselves in the catbird seat for as long as five years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn... Got your email. Thanks. Yes, I still want to receive your emails. About closing down the GB cafe site, the description given in your post may not be quite accurate, but I'll let it stand rather than get into details. Now, I'll respond to your poll question!

I'm not sure what the meaning of "Republicans dominate" is. If there are only two responses, ie R-dom or D-dom, then you would get a different poll result from what I suspect is the majority view, ie that there are several response. My own guess would be that either of the two alternatives E-dom (economics dominates), or C-dom (self-perceived class identity dominates) is more probable. And the most likely of all, for me, would be that there will not be a single dominating factor or group.

In which case I would have voted "no" to the query whether R-dom. As I imagine many other would also.

Best,

Ken R.