Glenn A Knight

Glenn A Knight
In my study

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reading and Reviewing

I've been reading the books listed on the sidebar on this blog. In the past couple of weeks, I have finished reading four of them: Legacy of Ashes, God and God, Marching Toward Hell, and The Fall and Rise of the Islamic State. A few minutes ago I posted a review of Legacy of Ashes. Soon, probably within the next few days, I'll post reviews of the other three books.

The next group I'm reading consists of Against All Enemies, The Dark Side, and War and Decision.

If you were to read one or more of these books in the next couple of weeks, we could have some fine discussions here. For one thing, The Fall and Rise of the Islamic State is a fascinating little book, and it is little. At 189 pages in all, it's an easy read, but there are intriguing ideas on every page. God and Gold is another book that is just rich with new and interesting concepts and connections. In God and Gold, Walter Russell Mead pulls together all sorts of political, economic, social and religious ideas to explain the dominance of the Anglo-Saxon people for the past 400 years.

If you've read something really good lately, feel free to contact me about posting a review on this blog.

No comments: