Glenn A Knight

Glenn A Knight
In my study

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back in Town and Catching Up


Greetings!


It has been a busy summer here in Colorado Springs. From August 6 through August 16 I was on the road in my Subaru with my wife and daughter. Pictures from our trip to Tennessee have been posted on my Facebook page. My son, his wife, and their two kids met us in Fairfield Glade, and we had a great time together. What's a 2,600 mile round trip among friends?


After a couple of weeks at home, we took off again on August 29 with our friends Dave and Jo Drake. Jo had asked about Indian ruins and cliff dwellings, and we laid out an itinerary that included Lowry Pueblo, Hovenweep National Monument, Mesa Verde National Park, Canyon de Chelly National Monument (see Spider Rock in this post), and Taos. That's four states - Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico - making a total of nine we've been in since early August. I have also posted an album of pictures from our first stop, the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, to Facebook. The trip was bookended by natural wonders, as we hit the Black Canyon on our first day and the Great Sand Dunes National Park on our way home September 4.
While I've been busy with vacation and work, the country has been coming apart at the seams. What's up with Glenn Beck? Is this craziness a side effect of the H1N1 flu? If Joe Wilson had yelled at Andy Jackson like that, he'd have been up early the next morning with his seconds, waiting for Andy to put an ounce of lead in his vitals.
Oh, well, it's good to be back. I'm settling in for the fall and winter, and tomorrow is another day!
The best to everyone, and I hope you're all doing well.

No comments: